Monday, January 08, 2007

Yew Jun first day of school

Yew Jun attended his orientation day on the 29th December (before Siew Yoong's wedding). His 1st day of school is on the 3rd January 2007. You won't believe the crowd and the number of students in the school that day. I think got more than 10 classes for only std 1 students alone. So each class has about 40-45 students. Do you remember your 1st day of school?


looking smart with his school unform...


Preparing himself for his orientation day at school...


"tai ko chai lor..."




just look at the crowd....so many students!


at last...in the classroom..


feeling bored coz this is just an orientation day...no friends yet. hmm..


this shot taken from the window panel, showing the teacher and school assistant busy collecting fees & book lists from the parents...


Jo Yan also busy taking photos with her dad...


...and her big brother...


ha! I have found a friend at last... same kinder friend just next class only...yippi!


Then the actual day (3rd January) finally arrived... 1st day of school for Yew Jun. I felt very anxious. I actually accompanied him whole day in school. I managed to arrange van transport for him (to & fro cost me RM180) and cater canteen food for him as well. The school canteen actually arrange food (noodles, bread or rice) put on the table according to the number given to the child. Besides, they don't have to rush together with the other kids to buy food. They will go out 5 mins earlier and they have special area to sit down.


First, they need to arrive earlier to the hall and line up according to your class indicated...


then, hand in hand they will march to their classroom...


class teacher...wearing flare skirt and high heels. Some even wear cheong sam with slits...


Anxious parents all waiting outside the classroom, some looking and see if their kids pay attention to the teacher or not, some keep chatting with other parents or even exchanging tel no, some busy paying the fees and asking questions.

Hmm, you see, our worries never end. I guess our parents have went through all these before. Now it is our turn. The most touching part is, when Yew Jun said to me..."Mom, you don't have to come to my school anymore. Ask dad also not to come. I can take care of myself. I can do everything myself now." This is what he said to me yesterday. I was speechless...

4 Comments:

Blogger changsiewkwan said...

Very smart in his school uniform. Is that a chinese school?

Monday, January 08, 2007 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Dennis and Elsa Chiang said...

Wow! 10 classes!
I remember my primary school had only 6 classes. But then again, it was in Ipoh, not KL. I still remember my first day at school, it was terrifying! Mom stayed with me the whole day too.
Yew Jun is so spoiled! Like all of us now spoiling our children. I admit. I remember I had to fight for my lunch every day! :-) That is why I am bigger that most kid back then. Ha ha!!
Yew Jun is big boy now.

Monday, January 08, 2007 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Janice & Loke Family said...

Yes it a chinese school. SRJK (C) Yuk Chai in Tmn Megah. Quite a distance from my house but it's ok. I managed to find van transport even though it cost me RM180 bucks! After calculating, RM4.50 per trip, not too bad lar. Nowadays, petrol also quite expensive here. Hey big bro, because of Yew Jun schooling, i couldn't sleep worrying about him. Now I'm still very worried how he can cope up with everything especially when his homework. They (other parents) said their children sometimes do up to 2-3 hours of homework per day. Oh dear!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger SonnyRuthAnyaChang Family said...

Children grow up really fast.
Just few years only Yew Jun been in Standard 1. Later Jo Yan too. Life is Good and completed with Sweet, Sour, Bitter & Spicy.

Enjoy your new school day..big boy..Yew Jun.

If u want to listen some Thai song over the internet.

Ask your mummy take U go to
http://www.atimemedia.com

Hope u understand what the language means for u .. d^_^b

Sunday, January 14, 2007 1:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home